Tuesday, February 08, 2005

City of Heroes

Well I finally was able to install, setup, and play City of Heroes tonight. It was a frustrating procress, however it seems worth the effort.

I have called my character neuba (what else?). It was really cool designing the character - even though she doesn't really look like a superhero.

I made it through the tutorial fairly slowly; which was good for me. Due to my unpleasant experience with World of Warcraft, it was nice to start off the game slow, and have it teach me all the basics I need to familarize myself with before getting into the real meat of the game. I am sure glad that WoW didn't taint my opinion of online mass multiplayer games.

I was able to make it to lvl 2 by the end of the tutorial, and was able to complete the first couple of missions in the actual game. However I am currently experiencing difficulty staying alive trying to rescue missing citizens. Dying isn't really my favorite part in any game - especially when you lose xp and you are almost at the next level. Firetruck! I not really feeling like rescuing those damn citizens - then again I am suppose to be playing a superhero. Best get my act together.

I attempted to hook up with a team, but was unsuccessful. Then again, I am not sure I was looking for a team properly or communicating in a way that put me out there as looking to join a team. Oh well, I am sure I will learn more as I progress in the game.

I am feeling awfully tired anyways, and cannot really bare to look at this screen any longer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo!! I'm glad that you get everything working. We should definitely play together soon. Send me an e-mail with the server details and stuff or call me. I've got to work tonight (Wednesday), but I can probably help you out with your missions and show you the ropes, etc. It's a real blast.

Ril

neuba said...

Thanks for the offer Rilla! I am playing on Virtue server.

Have fun at work tonight - maybe we can play on Thursday. I didn't call the other night to play as I was trying to get familar with the game, and I didn't want to bother you when I know that you are trying to getting your thesis writing done.

neuba said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.