Sunday, May 07, 2006

Time to Buckle Down

Alrighty...
I must admit that I haven't been doing as much work as I could since I got back from my school break. And I blame it on the weather. Damn you nice weather.

I have been doing some work, but has been minimal and primarily for my Leadership class. I really need to get back to work on my project, not because I should, but because I have to. If I don't have my methodolody down pat before I go, I am in big trouble. Although I am way ahead of all my schoolmates, because of my hardwork back in Feb. and March, I really need to start taking pointers from her. Thanks for the inspiration.

My research proposal (when it is finish) should include:
  • Introduction: Here I need to discuss the practical relevant and academic relevance of the issue.
  • Literature Review: Summarize research pertaining to my issue.
  • Methodolody: Outline my data collection tools and explain why I choose it, and the strengths and weaknesses of it.
  • Results: Delineate my results.
  • Discussion & Conclusions: Summarize findings and make future research recommendations.
  • Appendices: Interview questions and transcribed interview notes.
BTW: My issue is 'Success Factors of Strategic Alliances'


I currently have my literature review complete (minus a few alterations), and have started on my methodolody (which I am working on today) and my interview questions. I have 4 weeks to go. Initially I was worried, but I am not so much anymore. However, that may change as I proceed. The intro, methodology, and interview questions will take some time, however these sections are derived from my current understanding of the literature. The literature review was the most difficult, because I was summarizing other people's thoughts into a cohesive section. The rest of the paper is pretty much my interpretation, and how I plan on studying the phenomenon. I am interested in what I am doing, I just haven't been in the mood lately, I guess.

Anywho, I have already wasted enough time on this post, and now, it is time to get going to the airport. Jeff arrives home shortly.

1 comment:

rilla said...

Be careful with that Mantra. It can cause serious increases in productivity and serious decreases in computer gaming time.

Also, like you I take comfort when I know I've done more than my classmates at times. In my case, I'm usually ahead of a few and behind a few, but it's always nice to remind myself that I'm ahead of a few.