Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Trying to Keep Busy

I really don't have a lot to say. It is all pretty much drivel.

Other than the usual daily job hunt, I have managed to get myself back into knitting. If you ever find yourself tire of knitting or perhaps get distracted by pretty video games or school or whatever...all you need is a visit from the Knitting Queen (as I have referred to her as). It be fair and honest I usually don't knit in the summer. For me, knitting is pretty much a winter activity. I only did a couple of projects this last winter (socks I think) due mostly to my busy school life. However, some renewed interest has got me making dishclothes(yes, I know, not very exciting) and a mutlicoloured afghan. I also have future projects in mind - projects that I have yet to start but have the yarn waiting to be used. I think that means I am getting sucked further into the strange world of knitters. As for my current projects, the dishclothes are easy and a great way to pass the time during movies. The afghan is finally progressing. After ripping out 3 times, I think I finally have it under control.

Aside from the knitting, I managed to get my painting done this weekend. I am sure my friend and her fiancee will love it. Of course, I am overly critical of my work and pick out numerous inperfections about the painting. Although I think I am beginning to like it more and more each day. Unfortunately, I will likely not be able to present the gift at the wedding. I want to give it adequate time to dry considering it is an oil painting, and then I want to frame it. The last painting I did I let it dry a couple of months. I guess we will see what it is like in a few weeks.

No news on the job front. Sooner or later it is going to start depressing me.

5 comments:

cenobyte said...

Maybe take a picture of the painting and put it in the card with your wedding well-wishes, along with an ETA on the actual real McCoy.

You can even send a picture a week of the picture drying and being framed, to heighten the anticipation.

I didn't know you're a painter. That's very cool.

neuba said...

That is the plan. I have already told her she won't be getting at the wedding but that I will be sticking a photo of it in the wedding card. She seemed ok with that.

Amy said...

Yay knitting! Don't worry, you'll find a job really soon and then you will look back with longing on the days when you could do nothing but knit (or read, or sleep, or whatever turns your crank). Enjoy them while you can...

neuba said...

Amy:

I keep telling myself that everyday. It is working for the most part. I am not fretting too much yet. In fact, I still enjoy saying that I am unemployed. It is the first time in a long time where I haven't worked. I am trying to make the most of it, as I likely won't have this opportunity again until I am 55 or 60.

I think it is just frustrating when you don't hear anything. No phone calls; not even a PFO.

Anonymous said...

I don't know - knitting and painting... now you sound like a crafty blogger!

I'm on the job hunt too but not in a rush to get one... (my little one joined the big one at full time school this month!)

So I have decided to get the sewing machine out...