Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Stupid Snow

I sure hope that I get a job in another province.

Don't get me wrong, I like snow. I just don't like driving in snow.

The only reason I left the house today was because my Grandmother had a doctor's appointment and I told her I would take her. Especially in this weather. She only drives when she has to, and very short distances. And although her doctor was not that far away, she was uneasy about driving herself because of the dizzy spell she had on Monday, not to mention the snow.

So I got up early today and drove Jeff to work. It was ok, except for the time on the Idylwyld Bridge when I couldn't seen anything because my damn windshield wipers were frozen with melting snow.

Taking gramma to and from the doctor's office with a pitstop at the grocery store wasn't all that bad. Although the roads are terrible, parking lots are worse and there were no plowers out. Argh!

After dropping gramma off I decided to go and pick up my painting from the framing store. It is already for my friends to get when they are home at Christmas.

WARNING
Don't got to the Grovesnor Shopping Centre. The parking lot is a icy death trap.

No wonder I don't drive that often anymore. Driving in the winter sucks. Especially when you are driving with idiots who still feel they are in a rush and are willing to cause many car pile ups because of it. Although I didn't see any of that today, I am sure it will happen eventually.

I am hoping that the snow doesn't impede my trip to Vancouver with T-ass. He has got the Western Final game to attend, and I have second interview. Apparently the storm is coming from that direction, so I best be watching the weather over the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Good luck with the interview and the trip. I hope you're there already, actually.