Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A Weekend Visit with Old Friends

I had an amazing Saturday this past weekend. Mr. J & I were in Saskatoon for free comic book day. So, while he busied himself with work at 8th Street Books and Comics, I made it a priority to catch up with old friends.

Now, when I refer to them as old friends I'm not inferring that they are people with which I've lost touch, just friends that I've known for ages (10+ years) and who, sadly, I don't get to see that often (primarily because I live in another city/province).

However, because my friends are so important to me, it is important for me to stay connected to them as much as I can. So when I return to my home province, I make sure that I get-together with whomever I can in order to maintain those relationships.

Usually, I only get to see 1 or 2. Mostly because there are a number of other things going on, and we can only fit so many visits into one day. But this past Saturday, I had the day to wander from friend to friend visiting at will.

I had only set up a few visits, but surprisingly, managed to see a lot more friends that I was anticipating, which is what made the day so wonderful.

My planned lunch with BB & his girlfriend, got bigger when T-ass and Ty became part of the plan. We tried out this little Mexican place on Boychuk called La Bamba - very tasty. It was fun to see my old buddies and we reminisced about years gone by.

Before and after my lunch, I managed to squeeze in some time visiting with the newest parents of the group - the Schnells. I stopped over at the house to visit Jenn & Anara, and then made sure I spent some time at the Den with Al.

My afternoon coffee with AJ turned into a meeting of yuppies (as cenobyte referred to us) at Calories. Just as I was calling AJ to confirm our coffee location, I was surprised with news that ceno was in town, and that AJ had just dropped off J-Bra at Calories for a visit with ceno and Thunderhowl. I immediately wanted to join them, so AJ & I commenced our afternoon coffee with the rest of them. I was very happy to see them, and we had a wonderful afternoon talking shop (gaming).

I finished off my afternoon back at 8th Street with Mr. J and the rest of the crew. Pat took us all out for supper at Amigo's, and I had wonderful time meeting new people, especially a local comic book artist Tom Grummett who was doing sketches for Free Comic Book Day.

No comments: