Thursday, May 11, 2006

So cool

This research project and intern position with PharmaVentures is turning out to be the opportunity of a life time. I think I have said that before, but I am more sure after today.

I got news this afternoon from the Business Development Manager that they would like Chad (the other student I am going with) & I to write an article summarizing our research results. This article will be published in this industry review publication. And, of course, we would be credited with the article and the research results.

I am pretty blown away.

Only 3 weeks to go, and starting to count down the days. Carla, another schoolmate, will be staying with Chad & I, however she is working for a different company that is based out of Regina. Our accomodations are booked and it looks great. We ended up closer to Oxford city center, than the Oxford Science Park, but being closer to the nightlife probably has its advantages.

PharmaVentures is looking forward to our arrival, and has already set up our workstations. They have also arranged for us to work with the business analysts. They are currently in the process of hiring business analysts, and are looking to see what kind of initiatve we show. Essentially, it is going to be a 5-week job interview.

I have been progressing nicely on my project, and have confidence that it will be mostly done before I go. Progress is slow, but thorough. I would rather get little bits done over the next 3 weeks than complete it in a couple sessions. This way it stays fresh in my mind.

1 comment:

Suz said...

That does sound amazing! Wow! I'm so psyched!