Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend

I managed to keep busy all weekend, but left plenty of room for laziness.

Friday evening we headed out to Biggar for a quick visit with my family. We spent some quality time with our neice and nephews, ate lots, and visited with family. I even got to see an old friend from school. We have known it each other for years; before kindergarten I think. I have always liked the reference he uses to describe us, 'sandbox buddies.'

Sunday morning started off great with a trip to the new Galaxy Theatre to see The Big Dirty, it was so good I want to see again already. Bubbles and his nunchucks..Ricky as his court swearing...it was SUPER MEGA AWESOME COOL!!!

Sunday night also brought supper with Jeff's family. His brother is home from California for the weekend, so we spend part of the day visiting and eating lots, again.

Today provided us with a lot more laziness. We tidied up the house a bit, and got the patio furniture put away. This chore provided us with a little more entertainment than normal. Our new neighbours have themselves a wee little weiner dog, who managed to dig herself a path underneath the fence. As we were about to put away the table we noticed a little brown dog. Although I hadn't ever seen her before, I remember our neighbours remarking about their dog about a month ago during our initial introductions. Of course, the cats were out and about. Once the dog noticed them, he began to whimper and wag his tail. It was quite cute. As for the cats, they pretty much stared strangely at it the whole time. Jeff figured there would be a fight, but I wasn't worried, Jake & Smokey were both bigger than her, and all she wanted to do was play. Eventually I took her home, but it was an entertaining event none the less.

The remainder of the day was spent baking buns/cinnamon buns, playing a little WoW, and seeing a horrible movie with my soon to be ex-bum buddy. I guess it is time for me to get a job.

Hope everyone else had a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: