Sunday, November 05, 2006

A weekend full of friendship and company isn't quite over yet. Friday, we had a small gathering of friends who arrived into town for his wedding.

The wedding was beautiful. The bride and groom looked lovely.

I like going to weddings. Hearing the vows and commitments that couples make to one another remind me of my own wedding. I think I got myself a pretty great guy. :)

The visiting continued at the reception. There was, perhaps too much booze, and a few innane conversations. Lets just say that my conversation argument with her about the plant made me feel like a huge retarded dolt. Ah well, at least TUO & cenobyte got a good laugh outta of it. I am sure people often wonder about my intelligence and sanity when I do such stupid things. I say, meh.

The after party at our place was also the subject of much laughter and tears. I don't think anyone will ever forget, 'that's ok gramma, she's a midget.'

I am looking forward to a more low key night over at her place with more socializing and games.

Friends are awesome! I really miss our big get-togethers.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Well, I had already forgotten about the plant. Thanks for reminding me! "Well, after you molested it so much, now I can smell the pine." Heh.

cenobyte said...

Nobody thinks you're a dolt, Neuba. And we're prevented by law from questioning other people's sanity. Really. Trust me.

I know what you mean about being reminded of your own wedding; now I get why people like going to weddings. I think I'll start crashing the weddings of people I don't know, just to sit there and say things like "well, her dress is *okay*, but it's nothing to write home about. Not like my other friend's wedding..." and "say, do any of your cousins sleep with midgets? Because I know this great bar..."

(sigh)

It really was a good day.

Unknown said...

I was hoping to forget that comment.
Thanks for everything.