Sunday, August 24, 2008

Squeeee!!! Wii!

After thinking I would never own another console system in my life, James & I decided to buy a Wii. I am not even sure how we got talking about buying one, but before we knew it we were headed to Future Shop, to make our purchase.

However, in our decision to purchase the Wii, we decided right from the start that this would be something to help keep us active. By no means was this replacing normal exercise, but we thought the Wii would provide a fun alternative to increase our activity. So, with that in mind, the games we purchases are sport related.

Wii Sports lets you do bowling, baseball, tennis, golf and boxing. And based on last night, I've got James beat in baseball with my multiple home runs, reaching 570 ft. Wahoo!

We also picked up Bowling Pinbusters, Smackdown vs Raw, and Championship Boxing. I am hoping to utilize many of the skills I learned from kickboxing this past spring. If anything, it provides me with a opportunity to practice.

I can already tell that I am going to get a good shoulder and back workout from most of these games. We weren't playing for long last night, and I am a bit stiff today.

Squeee!

4 comments:

Suz said...

Just wait until you get the Wii Fit! Woot!!!

neuba said...

We got it yesterday, although we haven't had a chance to try it out.

It looks very cool though.

Anonymous said...

Woot sounds like fun. I have been getting a work out working on the house..lol we will be getting our new fridge and stove on Tuesday and there will be backing going on then...

Love you

neuba said...

We've been meaning to call since you & Jenn took possession. We've been so busy with vacation, ball tournaments, and doing organizing of our own.

But, we've thought of you many times. I am glad the house is shaping up - new fridge and stove sounds exciting.

You have to come visit.

Miss you!