Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby weight

MK will be 4 months tomorrow. I'm feeling like I need to get this extra weight off. I would really like to fit into my old jeans. I can do them up but it's not a pretty site.

Granted, I haven't really been working out, so I think I'm doing pretty good. I lost 25 lbs within the first 2 weeks and gave lost about another 5 or so (really depends on the day) since then.

I started using my exercise bike at home occassionaly starting in January and have really made the effort more so in the last couple weeks.

Today, I was able to get to the gym; it was amazing. I feel so rejuvenated. I hope I can get to the gym at least twice a week.

The plan is to be back to my old body by 6 months. I've got 2 months to lose about 10 lbs, and if I can lose more, all the better.

2 comments:

cenobyte said...

**sigh**

I have not had such luck.

Five years after having The Nipper, I'm the same weight I was when he squipped out. And I've been working out half an hour to an hour every day, and on the days I don't *gain* weight, I certainly don't lose any.

In fact, I've gained ten to twelve pounds since I started working out every day. And no, it's not 'muscle weight'. I think this exercise thing is a scam, and my theory is that I can lose weight by sitting on the couch all day eating chocolate.

neuba said...

Don't fret...it could just be your body re-adjusting.

When you body isn't use to exercising, it will hold on to food you are eating, due to the burning of calories.

Really take a look at what you are eating.

The real measure of whether or not the exercise is working is how your clothes fit.