Saturday, November 13, 2010

Busy Fall

Where does the time go? I can't believe it's already the middle of the November. Thank goodness we don't have any snow yet.

A lot has happened since the last time I posted.

October was very busy with Thanksgiving, returning to work, and of course, Master K's 1st birthday. It was a whirlwind month. I was sleep deprived for most of the month with a temporary case of insomnia; Master K was teething again and figuring out how to stand on his own and take his first steps...but we managed to get through the month.

Master K's birthday was a blast. We had quite a few people over: Master K's friends (with moms), my parents, and a few close friends. Malcolm played, opened gifts and smashed cake in his face. It was the perfect day.

I've been back a work for a few weeks now, and it's been good so far. The first couple of weeks I was only part-time and it was a tad boring because no one was in the office. But once I started full-time, things were back into swing and I'm feeling a bit busier now. We are looking and reorganizing our department and some roles and responsibilities, so it's an exciting time for me to come back. My year off has brought with it a new and fresh perspective, and now I feel like I want to 'change the world' at work. I guess after being away for a whole year, you aren't caught up in the day to day life of work, and you can see things in a different way or see completely new opportunities. I just hope my colleagues don't tire of my enthusiasm.

Nothing too exciting is happening in November. Master K currently has a pretty terrible cold and is teething once again. He continues to practice his walking every day now, taking more and more steps each day. Hopefully he'll be a pro by Christmas time.

We are off to Miami to celebrate Christmas with Mr. J's dad and wife. We'll be gone for 10 days, and I can't wait. Not only do I need a vacation, it'll be great to spend more time with my father-in-law and celebrate the holidays. I don't hink Mr. J has celebrated Christmas with his dad since he was a kid. Plus, it'll be warm. I plan on basking in the sun and wearing my bathing suit as much as possible.

No comments: