Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mushy Memories

Mr. J and I are doing some heavy duty spring cleaning in the basement.  It's been an eye-sore since Mr. J moved here, and it's only gotten worse. 

I've wanted to develop/finish the basement since I moved in over 3 years ago, but just never got around to it - nor had the money (not that we have the money now).  Being that I'm at home and have the time - AND - thinking of Master K's upcoming mobility, I want to try and make the most of the space that we have, spread out all of the furniture/things we have and get rid of the clutter.  I'm hoping to have the project complete before I return to work in November.

So...while cleaning out old boxes I stumbled upon a number of old items - as far back as my childhood.  Some of the more semi-recent (within that last 10 years) items were cards from Jeff (the ex).  Now, I did get rid of a lot of stuff after we parted ways, but these pictures and cards were packed away in a box that I thought only had high school stuff in it. 

It was nice to reminisce a little about how much 'in love' we were with each other.  The silly notes we left for each other and the funny/lovey dovey cards we gave to one another.  It definitely took me back to the good 'ole days when we were young, in love and just having fun.  Oh, how things can change.  But people change - people grow up and apart - and that's OK.  It was great once, but has long been over and put to rest.  Although, was nice to remember the fun that was once had between me and my ex, even if only for a moment.

No comments: